Born 8.september Hitra, Fosna, Norway, high up North. Until I was 10 years old we moved a lot, quite a lot – leaving me without the ability to attach – but with a rich inner life. I was determined to be an artist. However, due to a fascination for mathematics, I studied within these fields and eventually wrote a doctoral thesis in computer science. After that, and numerous life experiences, I decided to live my passion – and applied The Florence Academy of Art in Firenze, where I learing the craft, the history of painting and the value of being surrounded by beauty and culture. By now, I live and work from Tromsø, Norway, as a full time painter and teacher for students at my private school.
I paint for my soul.
- Work are to be seen at public and private places and homes in Tromsø, elsewhere in Norway and abroad.
- Public commissioned work to Finnkroken Kirke (Church), 2022. Altarpiece of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus.
NBK – Norske Billedkunstnere. The Association of Norwegian Visual Artists
LNM – Landsforeningen Norske Malere. The Association of Professional Norwegian Painters
2019: September. Nerdrum-school, Stavern, Norway.
2013 : Completed three year certificate program in painting from Florence Academy of Art (FAA). Equals three year Norwegian NOKUT qualified voactional school.
2012-2013: Sculpture for painters at FAA
2009-2010: Teaching Pedagogic, University of Tromsø.
– 2010: Classes in drawing and painting – portrait and landscape.
-2008: University studies. Master of Science, Computer Science and Mathematics. Dr. Scient Computer Science. University of Tromsø.
2023: Exhibition Tromsø Kulturhus during TIFF – Tromsø International Film Festival, TIFF,16-24.01: “Voices from Sapmi”, Sami portraits.
2022: Exhibition “Sami portraits, smaller studies” at BeiJing Restaurant, Tromsø. 11.11-20.12.2022
2022: FAA students in Norway. Collective exhibition from 25 former FAA students. Jessheim Kunstforening, 14.th – 29th. of May.
2022: Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Juryed exhibition. Finalist. Mall Galleries, London, Thursday 5 May to Saturday 14 May 2022.
2021. Florence Academy of Art curated online exhibition featuring the work of female graduates from FAA. From 15. of May. https://www.florenceacademyofart.com/letting-us-in-women-of-the-faa/
2021: NNBK 50-års jubileum. Group exhibition “Understrømmer”, Galleri Nord-Norge, Harstad, 02.10-07.11.21
2021: NNBK 50-års jubileum. Group exhibition “Hildring”, Tromsø Kunstforening, Tromsø, 17.06-31.08.21
2021: NNBK 50-års jubileum, Group exhibition, “Solhund”, Galleri 2, Stamsund 17.06-31.08.21
2021: Nord-Norske Bildene Kunstnere 50-års jubileum, “Equinox”, Bodø Kunstforening. 06.03-18.04
2021: Portrait Now! 8th Portrait Competition for Nordic artists. Participating in juried exhibition, Fredriksborg Castle, Denmark, 07.05-05.11 and Ljungbergmuseet, Sweden
2021: Finalist for Royal Society of Portrait Painters, Juried Exhibition, Mall Galleries, May 2021, London
2021: Nordlysfestivalen, selected artist for the exhibition “People in the time of the Corona”. 30.01-10.02 Curated by Kunstsentralen Nord
2020: Tromsø Open. Tromsø Kunstforening. Group exhibition. 17.09-04-10.
2020: BP British Portrait Award 2020, Juried exhibition. Pre-selected with “Ester”, National Portrait Gallery, May 2021, London.
2020: Nordlysfestivalen, selected artist for the festival. Tromsø, January 23 – February 2. Curated by Kunstsentralen Nord
2019: Kunstløypa, Tromsø. 16-23.06. Collective exhibition. Curated by Kunstsentralen Nord
2019: Full Palette. Fundraiser exhibition. Florence Academy of Art US, Salmagundi Gallery, New York, 29.05-21.06
2019: Portrait Now!. 7th Portrait Competition for Nordic artists. Juried exhibition Fredriksborg Castle, Denmark, 10.05-05.08 and Ljungbergmuseet, Sweden 07.09-17.11.2019
2018: Tromsø Open, Group exhibition artists in Tromsø, Skippergata 28.09-02.10
2018: Solo Exhibition “Med Guds vilje I”, Arctic Cathedral, Tromsø. 14.04-26.06
2017: Exhibition “Small Stories” at BeiJing Restaurant, Tromsø. 24.10-8.11
2017: Plein air paintings from Tromsø Skibsverft. Collective exhibition. Tromsø Bibliotek. 1-31. october
2016: Tromsø Open. (http://tromsoopen.com),Kafe Eka, Tromsø Kunstforening, Group exhibition showing the diversity of artists in the Tromsø area, nov 19th-20th.
2016: Krystallnatta. Portrettutstilling av den jødiske befolkning i Tromsø. Sammen med Hans Ragnar Mathisen, BeiJing Restaurant, Tromsø, nov 9 – des 1.
2015: Florence Academy of Art Alumni Tromsø, Group Exhibition. At AB Studios Gallery. 29.10-31.12
2015: June. Pre-selected for Figurativas Painting and Sculpture competition 2015. http://www.figurativas.org/
2015: Florence Academy of Art, Alumni Exhibition, selected works, MANA Contemporary, New York, May 3th – July 24th.
2014: Solo Exhibition at Elisabeth-senteret, “Potpourri”, Tromsø, November 13th – Desember 6th
2014: “Represent 2014”, Group exhibiton, Florence Academy of Art initiative, Westbourne Grove, London, September 11th-13th
2014: Tromsø Open (http://tromsoopen.virb.com), Bangsundbrygga, Tromsø, Group exhibition showing the diversity of artists in the Tromsø area, april 3th-30th.
2011: “G” in Tromsø, Norway, august 1th-31th
Sparebanken Nord-Norge, home residence stipend, 2022.
- Nordlys newpaper and nett, 18.01.23. https://www.nordlys.no/portretterte-samiske-personligheter-jeg-er-jo-mest-interessert-i-det-som-er-under-huden/s/5-34-1725367
- Tromsø Love, City Magazine. https://tromsolove.webflow.io/post/inside-the-atelier-of-anna
- Sagat newspaper: https://www.sagat.no/na-kan-du-sikre-deg-portrettskisser/19.35328. 12.11.2022
- Sagat. Newspaper and nett. https://www.sagat.no/nyheter/mellom-reinsdyr-jesus-og-en-kirkegardsoy/19.34083. 08.09.2022
- Sagat. Newspaper and nett. https://www.sagat.no/nyheter/stotter-anna-briths-arbeid-med-samiske-portretter/19.31520 10.03.2022
- Sagat. Newspaper and nett. https://www.sagat.no/anna-brith-portretterer-vare-samiske-kunstnere-og-politikere/19.30724. 18.01.2022
- Avvir sami newspaper and nett. “Son lea njuohtagoahtan gavttehasaid ja haliidivcce sapmelaccaid modeallan”. www.avvir.no. 07.02.2021
- Nordlys nett. Nordlysfestivalutstillingen 2021. Om utstillingen “Mennesker i livet, i koronaens tid”. 28.Januar 2021
- Tromsø nett. Nordlysfestivalutstillingen 2021. “Én uke før utstillinga måtte Kristin planlegge alt på nytt – nå skal kunsten stilles ut i sentrumsbutikkenes vinduer”. www.itromso.no. 28.01.21
- Nordlys newspaper and nett and www.tromsoby.no. Portrett Tromsøfolk. https://www.nordlys.no/tromsofolk/nordlysfestivalen/kunst/jeg-er-stolt-over-a-ha-bygget-opp-dette-fra-null-stein-pa-stein/f/5-96-20964. 24.01.2021
- Kulturplot.no. “Nordlysfestivalutstillingen 2021” https://kulturplot.no/kunst/2021/fikk-nei-fra-kommunen-en-uke-for-apningen-av-utstillingen 22.01.2021.
- Nordlys newspaper and nett. “Fremmer lokal kunst. Tromsovaringer aner ikke hvor mange skatter som ligger skjult her i byen”. Nordlysfestivalutstillingen 2020. www.nordlys.no 25.01.2020
- Tromsø newspaper and nett. “Kunstnere fra Tromsø og Senja stiller ut musikalske malerier”. www.itromso.no. 24.01.2020
- Kulturmagasinet Plnty. “Maleriets musikalitet, orkestral bildekunst på Nordlysfestivalen”. www.plnty.no. Januar 2020
- Tromsø newspaper and nett. “Tromsøkunstner med på internasjonal portrettutstilling”. www.itromso.no. 12.05.2019
- Tromsø newspaper and nett. “Kunstelever fra Breivang VGS åpnet torsdag sin første utstilling hos galleri AB Kunst og Rammer”. www.itromso.no. 16.06.2016. Anna-Brith har undervist elevene i å male selvportrett.
- Nordlys newspaper and nett. “100 kvadrat med license to paint”. https://www.nordlys.no/kunst/malerier/100-kvadrat-med-license-to-paint/s/5-34-276546. 29.10.2105
- Tromsø newspaper and nett. “Ny bedrift i Tromsdalen”. 19.11.2014
- Tromsø newspaper and nett. “Speiler seg i lerretet”. https://www.nordlys.no/byavisa-tromso/speiler-seg-i-lerretet/s/1-79-7007011. 26.11.2013